10 Secrets to Successful Dating
The problem is the longer you are single and the more heartbreak you have endured, the easier it is to get set in your ways and draw up an impossibly demanding wish list. The lesson the successful couples learned was to give their date a chance and they were rewarded by meeting someone genuinely special. Matchmaker, Linda Prescott reveals 10 Secrets to Successful Dating.
1. Do pay attention to presentation. Make a good impression.
2. Do be polite. It sounds simple but paying a compliment can make a big difference.
3. Do be on time. When either of my daters was late I knew any romance was doomed.
4. Don’t drink too much. A drink or two can oil the wheels, a bottle or two can have you revealing too much too soon.
5. Don’t just bang on about your own interests, be interested in your date.
6. Do show you want a relationship. It’s great to make your life seem interesting, but not so full that you have no time for love.
7. Don’t be bossy. The date where the man insisted on ordering all the woman’s food for her didn’t end well.
8. Do be open to new experiences. Love blossomed for one couple as they got battered and bruised trying their hand at indoor surfing. But the man whose fear of heights stopped him going on the Southbank Wheel kissed goodbye to any chance of romance.
9. Do bring gifts. You can wow your date with a beautifully wrapped bottle of a wine or a small posy of flowers.
10. Do give your date a chance. Rather than send our couples on a single blind date, they went on three, and I cannot count the number of times our daters said it gave them the chance to find out how they really felt about each other. Snap judgments are at the root of many a ruined relationship.