What’s arguably just as important as a great conversation when it comes to date night? No, it’s not perfume, or perfect hair. It’s a great restaurant! Because a dining experience can really make or break your evening, we know. Before you go ahead and scour the internet for Brisbane’s best restaurants, here are some tips on how to pick a suitable restaurant for you and your date.
- Food allergies – Yes, this is number one! Check if your date has any diet restrictions and then check if the restaurant you’re eyeing has ample options to match. The last thing you want is that awkward moment where your date has nothing to eat or, scarier, reaching for an Epipen.
- Parking – Whether you’re planning to use the valet or park at/near the restaurant, make sure you’ve scoped out the parking situation. Stressing about parking can lead to a bad start to an otherwise perfect evening.
- Budget – There is nothing romantic about not being able to pay the bill! If you are planning on picking the bill, make sure you’ve really got it covered including things like dessert and those additional drinks.
- Seating – Is there a romantic spot that you can request? Perhaps a quieter part of the restaurant? Or maybe there’s a magnificent view that you both can enjoy over that glass of wine. It won’t hurt to ask.
- Booking – Yup! Please, please make sure that you book a table for the night to avoid disappointment. Not having table booked can also show that you’re unprepared.
Now, for the fun part. We’ve put together a list of Brisbane’s best restaurants for date night. Whether it’s your first date, or first date without the kids in a long time, these restaurants are perfect for that romantic mood.
SONO JAPANESE | HAMILTON
Modern Japanese food, a teppanyaki bar and a sake tasting menu in a refined riverfront space.
Phone: (07) 3268 6655
Address: 39 Hercules St, Hamilton QLD 4007
C’EST BON FRENCH RESTAURANT | WOOLLOONGABBA
There are two separate spaces if you wish for a cocktail or sit down meal, and you will enjoy lovingly crafted dishes such as Poulet a la provencale, Escargot De Bourgogne, and Crispy Organic Free Range Duck a l’orange Best dish: Soupe à l’oignon
Address: 609 Stanley street Woolloongabba
URBANE | BRISBANE CBD
Stylish dining space screened by bronze mesh offering creative tasting menus with global influences.
Phone: (07) 3229 2271
Address: 181 Mary St, Brisbane City QLD 4000
BACCHUS | SOUTH BANK
Upscale Modern Australian dishes, plus clever cocktails, in a glamorous poolside restaurant and bar.
Phone: (07) 3364 0837
Address: Podium Level, Rydges South Bank, Glenelg Street & Grey Street, South Brisbane QLD 4101
LA VUE WATERFRONT RESTAURANT | BRISBANE CBD
Sophisticated venue for Modern Australian fare in a light-filled dining room overlooking the river.
Phone: (07) 3831 1400
Address: 1/501 Queen St, Brisbane City QLD 4000
IL VERDE | BOWEN HILLS
Address: 2 King Street, Bowen Hills QLD 4006
Phone: (07) 3638 0494
MODA RESTAURANT | BRISBANE
Contemporary menus influenced by Catalan flavours, plus boutique wines, in a elegant dining room.
Food options: Dairy-free, European, Gluten-free, Mediterranean, Modern Australian, Seafood, Spanish, Steak, Tapas, Vegetarian
Located in: The Barracks Shopping Centre
Address: 61 Petrie Terrace, QLD 4000
Phone: (07) 3221 7655
SALON DE CO | SPRING HILL
Indulge in delectable dishes and beverages by renowned chef Andy Ashby amidst the charm of Georgian-Art Deco style décor.
Address: 73 Wickham Terrace, Spring Hill QLD 4000
Phone: (07) 3226 8888
Got a great restaurant to suggest? Tell us in the comments!
You’ve got the best restaurants. What about your Ideal partner?