The weather is starting to sizzle! And we bet you’re thinking of how to spend the weekends now that the days are longer. Well, if you’re looking for date ideas this summer, here are some Relaxing Summer Date Ideas from Brisbane’s leading Professional Matchmaker, Linda Prescott. From outdoor movies to live music, you and your date are going to have so much fun!
#1 Catch an outdoor movie
Catch a movie under the stars at the Moonlight Cinema. Bring a picnic mat and a soft blanket and with a wine in hand, you and your date will definitely enjoy yourselves. From Dirty Dancing to Bohemian Rhapsody, there’s a lot to look forward to. Like the old school style? Check out the Yatala Drive-In Cinema where you can set up a cosy spot in your car.
#2 Go for a leisurely bike ride
Take advantage of the beautiful weather and go cycling with your date. It’s a great way to learn about each other as you are both less tense. You can either get some takeaway so you can have mini a break along the way, or cycle all the way and then end your adventure with a nice chilled drink at a nearby cafe. Here’s a list of nice bike paths you could check out:
- The Brisbane Valley Rail Trail – A bike track that follows the old rail line through scenic countryside, quaint bridges and historic stations.
- Boondall Wetlands – This spectacular ride through Boondall Wetlands is a 7-8km foray into the terrestrial world of marshland, casuarina woodlands, mangrove grottoes, waterholes and paperbark forests.
- Mt Coot-tha Rocks Riverside – This ride begins at the beautiful sub-tropical Botanic Gardens and ends at the southwest’s showcase riverfront parklands.
#3 Listen to live music
Come on, let your hair down and enjoy a fun and relaxing time with your date. Try these spots that offer great live music in an outdoor and semi-outdoor setting:
- Freeman’s Organic Farm in Gold Coast – You can spend your Sunday on top of the hill enjoying wild and beautiful tunes from a variety of talented artists (photo). Every Sunday, between 10.30am to 12.30pm.Location: 618 Tomewin Mountain Road, Currumbin Valley, Gold Coast Hinterland, QLD.
- The Triffid – Brisbane’s home of live music within walking distance from Fortitude Valley. It’s an old commercial hangar that merges its WW2 heritage with the unique garden to create a vibrant and diverse space for the whole community.
#4 Go fruit picking
Forget candle lit dinners for a second, and take your date fruit picking in this beautiful sunny weather! There are plenty of fruit and also vegetable farms you can explore together. Don’t forget to wear a hat, comfortable shoes and bring your own water bottle to stay hydrated. Here is a list of farms that offer tours instead of the typical fruit picking experiences:
- Freemans Organic Farm – Farm tour with seasonal vegetable picking.
- Tropical Fruit World – Journey through the orchards by tractor train on their Plantation Safari, relax and enjoy the Wildlife Boat Cruise and sample and learn about seasonal fruits during the Fruit Tasting Session.
Looking for your Ideal partner? Take our FREE Compatibility Test!